Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Songs I Love By Artists I Hate [Terrible/Good Things]

As one who is prone to judge and review pop culture, I tend to hate a lot of things. Often I have good reasons for disliking someone or something, and sometimes - like my hatred of Jennifer Aniston - I have no good reason to hate, but feel quite passionate about it.

As strongly as I hate some artists, even I have to admit when they make a decent song. It pains me to say it, but three artists I have hated for a very long time have each recently released songs that I can't get out of my head. Here we go:

Rihanna - S&M

I used to really like Rihanna back in her "Breaking Dishes" days, but something about the majority of her songs literally makes me car-sick, even when I'm sitting still. This song though returns to what made Rihanna good. She doesn't sound quite so whiny and the song is just plain fun. Well played, Rihanna. Please try to keep this up.

Ke$ha - Blow

There are few people I hate more than Ke$ha and it took me a very, very long time to admit that I like this song. I also hate to admit that I really quite like the music video. Damn you, unicorns and James Van Der Beek!!! You've made me like a Ke$ha video and now I hate you for it.

Katy Perry - Firework

This song for me will never get old, no matter how many times I hear it. I hate Katy Perry for making a song I love so much because I absolutely can't stand her. I hate the vapid look of her dead eyes, I hate her pillowy breasts, and I hate how edgy she thinks she is. I love this song though, I just wish someone more talented were singing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment